Dear ELFA Members,
As you know, the Annual General Meeting and Conference of our Association, which were scheduled to take place in Warsaw from 22 to 24 April 2020, had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Currently, a number of restrictive measures remain in force in most countries, and circumstances do not make it feasible to organise a new on-site event during this year 2020.
However, according to Dutch law, which governs ELFA’s activity, our Association must hold an annual general meeting in order to comply with the requirements of the law and provisions of ELFA’s Articles of Association. In this regard, according to The Law of 22 April 2020, providing temporary facilities in the area of the Ministry of Justice and Security in connection with the outbreak of COVID-19, approved by the Dutch Government and in force since 24 April 2020, the annual general meeting may be held through electronic premises as long as it meets the requirements of the law.
On this basis, the Board of Directors of the European Law Faculties Association has decided to convene the 2020 ELFA Annual General Meeting on 16 OCTOBER 2020 at 15:00 CET, to be held electronically, under the following conditions:
1) The internet platform through which the meeting will take place will be Google Meets.
2) All members will be able to access and follow the event through the link that has been sent to the email address or addresses that appear in the ELFA Secretariat’s archives as the official contact address provided by each member. This link will be sent again within the ten days prior to the meeting. This link will be sent
3) The agenda of the meeting will be as follows:
- Presentation and approval of the annual report of activities of the Association 2019-2020
- Presentation and approval of the annual accounts and financial report 2019
- Presentation and approval of the budget for 2020
- Place and date for the 2021 AGM and Conference
- Proposal to extend the term of the members of the board of directors until the next 2021 AGM and Conference, due to the current exceptional situation
- Any other business
4) All members are entitled to ask questions about the issues referred to directly above or about other matters within the competence of the Association, up to 72 hours prior to the meeting, that is, until the close of day 12 October 2020. The questions must be sent by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 CET on 12 October 2020. These questions will be answered no later than during the meeting, and the answers will be posted on the Association’s website.
The board will make every effort to allow further questions during the meeting, if it is in the interest of the order of the meeting, technology and time constraints permitting.
5) Voting rights may only be exercised electronically, either prior to the meeting or during the meeting. The vote on each issue (resolution) shall be marked on the voting sheet attached to the convening notice. The voting sheet shall be sent by email as an attached document, to the email address email@example.com , either prior to the meeting -starting from today- or, during the meeting, not later than the time indicated by the President. The email with the enclosed vote must be sent from the institutional email address of the representative of each faculty or institution. Only one voting sheet per member will be allowed.
European Law Faculties Association